|English: en:International Criminal Court investigations. (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
The two-day meeting comes amid mounting tensions between The Hague-based ICC and Kenya, whose president and vice-president have been charged with crimes against humanity for allegedly masterminding a vicious campaign of ethnic violence after disputed 2007 elections.
Several nations in the 54-member AU, whose rotating presidency is currently held by Ethiopia, have accused the ICC of singling out Africans for prosecution, and have demanded that the court drop the proceedings against Kenya's leadership. - Yahoo News
- ICC vs Africa - Video Search
- Africans urge ICC not to try heads of state - Africa - Al Jazeera English
- African Union accuses ICC of bias, seeks delay of leaders' cases - CNN.com
- BBC News - Will Africa pull out of the ICC?
- African Union says ICC should not prosecute sitting leaders (theguardian.com)