|Guantanamo Bay (Photo credit: AslanMedia)|
- The Latest Hunger Strike at Guantanamo - YouTube
- Over half of guantanamo detainees on hunger strike - YouTube playlist
Over half of the 166 detainees held at the US-run Guantanamo military prison have joined a hunger strike to protest against their indefinite incarceration without charge or trial, an official said Sunday.
Eighty-four of the 166 prisoners held at the US-run Guantanamo Bay facility are now on hunger strike, US military officials have said.
- U.S. sending more medics to Guantanamo as hunger strike grows - Yahoo! News
- Guantanamo Hunger Strike Holds, Half Of Detainees Involved: Military
- Over half of Guantanamo Bay prisoners on hunger strike as number increases to 84 - Americas - World - The Independent
Mass protest prompted by site authorites’ Koran search – seen by inmates as ‘religious desecration’
Last weekend’s violent crackdown on Guantanamo Bay detainees has removed all pretense that hunger strikers could be “cheating” when the Pentagon isn’t looking, and it is perhaps no surprise that since then the number of “confirmed” hunger strikers has soared, with officials now admitting that over half of the prison’s population, 84 of 166, are refusing all food.