Such measures may be shocking to those unaware that in East Jerusalem and the West Bank, separate-but-unequal bus lines already exist, as detailed by Mya Guarnieri. But, as with the many forms of de facto discrimination in Israel and the occupied Palestinian territories, these buses are not legally segregated. So predictably, Israel’s transportation minister insists that, even with the new bus lines, “Palestinians entering Israel will able to ride on every public transportation line, including existing lines in Judea and Samaria [Israeli terms for the West Bank occupied Palestinian territories]“. Additional new lines for Palestinians only are also planned. | +972 Magazine
- Israel's segregated bus lines have touched a nerve
- Israel’s Palestinian-only buses draw accusations of segregation, apartheid
- Israel takes heat for de facto segregation on new West Bank buses - Yahoo! News
- Israel launches segregated bus service - Middle East - Al Jazeera English
A 'Palestinians-only' bus line is launched in Israel after settlers complain Palestinians are a 'security risk'.
- Separate but equal bus lines? - Israel News, Ynetnews