|President Barack Obama signs the executive order (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
The order will allow companies that oversee infrastructure like dams, electrical grids and financial institutions to join an experimental program that has provided government contractors with real-time reports about cyberthreats.
It will also put together recommendations that companies should follow to prevent attacks, and it will more clearly define the responsibilities for different parts of the government that play a role in cybersecurity. - NYTimes.com
- ACLU Responds to Executive Order on Cybersecurity; Opposes CISPA | American Civil Liberties Union
- » Will Obama Take Control of the Internet This Week? Alex Jones' Infowars: There's a war on for your mind!
- Obama's Cybersecurity Executive Order vs. CISPA: Which Approach Is Best? | News & Opinion | PCMag.com
- Obama Orders Cybersecurity Executive Order - BlackListedNews.com
Source: WH Press Release, Full Text
- Obama's cybersecurity executive order: What you need to know | ZDNet