|American Ambassador Aubrey Hooks and Ivoirian First Lady Simone Gbagbo launched a community-based voluntary HIV/AIDS counseling and testing 2006 (Photo credit: Wikipedia)|
The International Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for the wife of Laurent Gbagbo, Ivory Coast's former president, saying she played a role in helping her husband orchestrate election violence that killed 3,000 people.
Gbagbo himself is awaiting trial at the court in The Hague, Netherlands.
The warrant for Simone, the first for a woman, lists four counts of crimes against humanity. It was issued in February but only made public by the court on Thursday. - Al Jazeera English
- Hague court issues arrest warrant for Ivory Coast's Simone Gbagbo | World news | guardian.co.uk
- ICC issues arrest warrant for Ivory Coast ex-first lady | Reuters
- ICC Issues Arrest Warrant For Ivory Coast's Simone Gbagbo - RTT News
- Cote d'Ivoire: ICC Unseals Warrant of Arrest Against Simone Gbagbo - AllAfrica.com
- Former Ivory Coast leader's wife wanted by ICC-Huffington Post
- Former Ivory Coast First Lady Indicted by ICC