Extensive damage to crops throughout the southern third of the country, as well as the high potential for a surge in cases of cholera and other water-borne diseases, could mean Haiti will see the deadliest effects of Sandy in the coming days and weeks.
Haiti has reported the highest death from Sandy so far, as swollen rivers and landslides claimed at least 52 lives, according to the country's civil protection office. - Al Jazeera English
Read the Transcript: Haiti still reeling from Sandy's punch | PRI's The World
- Haiti faces hunger catastrophe after hurricane Sandy destroys harvests | Global development | guardian.co.uk
- Hurricane Sandy: Haiti Crops Damaged, Food Price Increase Feared
- Thousands of cholera cases confirmed in Haiti since passage of Sandy - Caribbean360
- iafrica.com | business | world news | Sandy's Haiti victims forgotten
- Victims of Hurricane Sandy forgotten in Haiti