US Banks Love Real Dollars, and Illegal Drug Money Comes in Cash
According to The Guardian UK story, the study by two Colombian professors found that "2.6% of the total street value of cocaine produced remains within the country [Columbia], while a staggering 97.4% of profits are reaped by criminal syndicates and laundered by banks, in first-world consuming countries."
One of the researchers, Alejandro Gaviria said: "We know that authorities in the US and UK know far more than they act upon. The authorities realize things about certain people they think are moving money for the drug trade - but the DEA [US Drug Enforcement Administration] only acts on a fraction of what it knows." - BlackListedNews.com
- Secret ties between CIA, drugs revealed
- UN crime chief says drug money flowed into banks | Reuters
- "Cocaine Unwrapped" directed by Rachel Seifert - Press TV
- ‘Drug war’ tainted by race
- Drug money saved banks in global crisis, claims UN advisor | World news | The Observer
- Freeway Ricky Ross - A Pawn in the CIA's Drug Game - YouTube
- Freeway Ricky Ross on Alex Jones Tv 1/5: How The CIA Supply, Control, Operate The Drug Business - YouTube
- 'Bush, Reagan let drugs flow free to US from Nicaragua' - ex-dealer Ricky Ross- YouTube
- CIA Torture Jet crashed with 4 Tons of COCAINE - YouTube
- A Gulfstream II jet that crash landed in Mexico's Yucatan Peninsula in late September bearing a load of nearly four tons of cocaine. This particular Gulfstream II (tail number N987SA), was used between 2003 and 2005 by the CIA for at least three trips between the U.S. east coast and Guantanamo Bay — home to the infamous "terrorist" prison camp — according to a number of press reports.
- Michelle Alexander on the War on Drugs and the Politics Behind It - YouTube